Cinnamon Date Banana
You guys they are so good. And so easy. They are naturally sweetened, so moist (I know, sorry), and the cinnamon is perfectly balanced with the bananas. And all you have to do is blend 'em up! I promise you can't get it wrong. I like to double the recipe and just freeze half for those weeks (which let's be honest are most weeks these days) where there just isn't time to prepare some healthy snacks.
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Date Cashew Butter
- 1 Medium very ripe banana
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup (I use this cinnamon honey and it's the bomb)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon if not using the cinnamon honey
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour batter into a mini muffin tin
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
This is one of my go to recipes and it was adapted from the Happy Healthy Mama blog! Seriously one of the best!
Banana Mocha Oatmeal
Minny Spoons' very first recipe and the picture is of me in my PJs! It can only go up from here folks. One of my favorite ways to use our cashew butters is stirred into a giant bowl of oatmeal. It creates an amazingly creamy texture and is a delicious way to add some healthy fats to your breakfast so that you actually stay full! This recipe is great warm but could also definitely be made as overnight oats! For overnight oats, just dump everything into a jar and let the oats do their magic as you sleep.
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond or Water (I use a combo of both)
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 heaping Tbsp Mocha Cashew Butter
- Cocao nibs, mini dark chocolate chips, dried banana slices
- Mash the banana into a bowl and then add Oats, Almond Milk/Water, Cocoa Powder and Honey.
- Heat in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. (You could also make this stove top but I'm not quite that fancy)
- Stir in giant blob of Mocha Cashew Butter and then top with your choice of cocao nibs, mini chocolate chips, or dried banana slices! Or go crazy and choose whatever toppings you desire.